COVID-19 precautions will remain in all hospitals, GP practices and other healthcare sites 19 July
Patients, visitors and staff will be required to continue wearing masks, gel their hands and adhere to social distancing while in any of South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw’s hospitals, GP surgeries, community health centres and other health locations despite the lifting of national restrictions on Monday 19 July.
The guidance is in line with national infection prevention control guidance set out by Public Health England on 15 July stating that mask-wearing should continue in health and care settings beyond the 19 July.
As of Monday 19 July, patients, visitors, healthcare staff will need to:
• Continue to wear a mask. Masks will be freely available at all sites in case anyone does not have one with them.
• Continue to wash/gel hands regularly especially on entry and exit.
• Keep a distance from other people at all times unless it is part of the care being given
• Not attend if they have any Covid-19 symptoms or have been asked to self isolate by NHS Track and Trace.
Masks will be freely available at our hospitals, GP centres and community venues and so please do feel free to approach a member of staff if you forget to bring one along. We will continue to monitor the situation and national guidance in the coming weeks and make changes where it is safe and appropriate to do so. In the meantime please check the website and social media of local hospitals and other healthcare organisations to check the current restrictions in place including visiting arrangements and coming for appointments.
1. Masks – Covid hasn’t gone away. It’s important to keep wearing your face covering in NHS hospitals and GP practices to reduce the spread of the virus. #StaySafeSheff
2. Two metres – Cases continue to rise in Sheffield. When visiting any NHS hospitals or GP practice, keep two metres apart from others to stay safe and protect others. #StaySafeSheff
3. Hands – As England moves into the next stage of the roadmap, it’s still just as important to wash your hands or use hand sanitiser regularly whilst in our hospitals and GP practices. #StaySafeSheff
4. Symptoms – Don’t attend hospitals, GP practices or pharmacies if you are showing symptoms of covid-19. You must isolate and book a test immediately. #StaySafeSheff
5. Test and Trace – To help stop the spread, download and turn on the NHS covid-19 app when using health services to help with Track and Trace. Keep Sheffield open. #StaySafeSheff